Rossendale Online  

Halo Panopticon - Haslingden (Photo by Nigel Hillier) Bacup Coconutters East Lancs Railway Ilex Mill, Rawtenstall Rossendale Museum Ski Rossendale St Marys Chambers, Rawtenstall

Go Back   Rossendale Online > Rossendale News & Sport > Rossendale News > Rossendale Elections 2008
Forums Rossendale Business Directory Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Business Listings: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

Rossendale Elections 2008 2008 Rossendale local elections.

Manifesto from Judy Bates (Conservative) for the Goodshaw Ward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-08, 10:33   #1
Got a story? Email it to news@rossendaleonline.co.uk

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register for free today.

My name is Judy Bates. I have lived in the Crawshawbooth area for 25 years. I work as a Midwife at Fairfield Hospital in Bury. I would love the opportunity to represent the interests of the people of Goodshaw ward.

As a midwife of more than 20 years experience, the nature of my work has ensured that I am extremely comfortable in meeting and communicating with a wide range of people. I have been responsible for the delivery and care of many residents in the Goodshaw area, many of whom are now old enough to vote!
My very first home delivery, which I will never forget, was performed in Loveclough. I would now embrace the opportunity to use my communication skills to the benefit of Goodshaw Ward.

Goodshaw Ward is a beautiful area with the potential for even better facilities for its growing population. Recent new housing developments, particularly in Loveclough, have resulted in an influx of families into the ward. Crawshawbooth has a very active Resident’s Association. I believe that the population of Loveclough is now large enough to warrant an action group of its own. I would be willing to organise the formation of the Resident’s Association, which would then work towards improving the environment and providing the best possible facilities in Loveclough.

I would work to ensure that the area receives a share of the recent investment in play equipment by the Conservative Council. Leisure facilities such as those on Hill Street and Loveclough Park would benefit from upgrading. The hard work of the current Conservative council has resulted in being officially rated as ”good” . This is a remarkable achievement, as Rossendale’s council had been branded one of the worst in the country just four years ago when the Conservatives took control. I would like the opportunity to contribute to the overall performance of the council in order for it to achieve top class status.

Healthcare is my special interest and I will be watching with great concern the development of the new so-called “Health Hub” for the valley. I welcome any new healthcare provision in the locality, although I believe it spells the sad but inevitable demise of Rossendale General Hospital. I have been particularly concerned about the removal of vital services such as the Accident and Emergency Department in Burnley and Maternity and Paediatric Services in Bury. I was actively involved in the campaign to keep these services and I will vigorously contest any attempts to reduce Healthcare provision any further.

In January, I was inspired by the visit to the valley of the Rt. Hon. William Hague MP. This followed an earlier visit to the constituency by the leader of the opposition, Mr David Cameron. I believe that such visits raise the profile of the valley, giving a credibility which may attract valuable investment into the area.

Contact Judy

Email judybates@ntlworld.com
Write –
28 Middlegate Green
Loveclough
BB4 8PY
Telephone – 07791 013725
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image003.jpg (105.8 KB, 6 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiShare on FacebookShare on Twitter