Rossendale Online  

Halo Panopticon - Haslingden (Photo by Nigel Hillier) Bacup Coconutters East Lancs Railway Ilex Mill, Rawtenstall Rossendale Museum Ski Rossendale St Marys Chambers, Rawtenstall

Go Back   Rossendale Online > Rossendale News & Sport > Rossendale News > Rossendale Elections 2008
Forums Rossendale Business Directory Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Business Listings: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

Rossendale Elections 2008 2008 Rossendale local elections.

Manifesto from Amanda Hewlett (Labour) for the Hareholme Ward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-08, 11:05   #1
Got a story? Email it to news@rossendaleonline.co.uk

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register for free today.

Amanda Hewlett Hareholme candidate

I grew up and have lived in the valley on and off for all of my life. I am a nurse and have worked in all the acute areas of nursing, A+E, intensive care and coronary care and now work as a sister in a walk in centre in Prestwich.

I was first elected as councillor for Hareholme ward last May in a by-election, since then I have really enjoyed my work in the community, taking up numerous issues on behalf of local residents.

Issues of concern to residents in the area include the need to sort out traffic speed on Newchurch Road and Church St, the need for play facilities on Staghills, dog fouling and litter throughout the ward and juvenile nuisance and incidents of anti-social behaviour.
If re-elected I will be focusing on these issues over the next 12 months.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
Old 26-03-10, 07:21   #2
Need to Get Out More!

Re: Manifesto from Amanda Hewlett (Labour) for the Hareholme Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossendale Online View Post

Amanda Hewlett Hareholme candidate

I grew up and have lived in the valley on and off for all of my life. I am a nurse and have worked in all the acute areas of nursing, A+E, intensive care and coronary care and now work as a sister in a walk in centre in Prestwich.

I was first elected as councillor for Hareholme ward last May in a by-election, since then I have really enjoyed my work in the community, taking up numerous issues on behalf of local residents.

Issues of concern to residents in the area include the need to sort out traffic speed on Newchurch Road and Church St, the need for play facilities on Staghills, dog fouling and litter throughout the ward and juvenile nuisance and incidents of anti-social behaviour.
If re-elected I will be focusing on these issues over the next 12 months.
Sorry you did not get the backing you deserved Amanda, You tried very hard, and only lost because Labour let you down, they never even told you, or anyone else that they had already authorised the cash to do all of the jobs in your manifesto and more besides, including the new police station and the Rawtenstall Shopping Centre, is in an even worse state than when Tony Blair had the photographs of it himself, as it was then so long ago.

With that accurate information you would have walked it, but you did not know, in time ,did you.

The sitting M.P. did not inform you either, did she? but it is noted that you were the only applicant kocking on doors in the pouring rain, you see it had not gone unnoticed, also the traffic on Newchurch Road is more dangerous than ever, and the dog fouling of hillside footpaths remains.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
Old 21-05-10, 00:36   #3

Re: Manifesto from Amanda Hewlett (Labour) for the Hareholme Ward

I live at the flats at Hareholme:

God awful estate, yobs, parents.

Useless Housing Association, Councillors, Police.

Whoever put forward the idea for the demolition of Queens and Cobden House with the animals still inside would have got my vote.

Last edited by pinky : 21-05-10 at 00:38.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinky For This Useful Post:
LMScott (21-05-10)